In 1944, the Inter American University of Puerto Rico was accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools. It was the first liberal arts college in Puerto Rico and outside of the continental United States to receive this accreditation.
Also, all of its programs are authorized by the Puerto Rican Council of Education and recognized by the Puerto Rico Department of Education.
The Inter American University boasts academic programs accredited by specific agencies. A sampling of the agencies that currently provide accreditation to the University’s programs include:
- Council on Accreditation (COA) of Nurse Anesthesia Education Program (NAEP)
- Council on Aviation Accreditation (CAA)
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT)
- National League of Nursing Accreditation Commission (NLNAC)
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science (NAACLS)
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- American Bar Association (ABA) (Facultad de Derecho)
- Accreditation Council on Optometric Education (ACOE)
For more information regarding the Inter American University’s different accreditations, please contact the Office of Accreditation, Licensure and Curricular Information (Oficina de Acreditación, Licencias e Información Curricular) at (787) 766-1912, ext. 2313.